Sites and Buildings
Certified Site Program
The City of Spokane's Certified Sites Program offers business owners an easy way to obtain information about commercial and industrial sites within the City of Spokane that are ready for development or "project ready".
Developed in cooperation with Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI) as a tool for business recruitment and expansion, once a property has been approved through the program, Site Certification is the City's promise to both the owners and buyers of commercial and industrial property that their sites have appropriate infrastructure, such as water and wastewater and transportation, and that land use and zoning is appropriate. Environmental issues will also be identified up-front.
The certification process is completely voluntary and starts with the submittal of an application from a property owner containing detailed information about a development site's suitability for commercial and industrial uses. The application and required supporting documentation are reviewed to ensure that the site satisfies established evaluation criteria indicating it is "project ready". Once a property owner obtains the Certification from the City, it will be listed on the City's Certified Site website and forwarded to the region's Associate Development Organization, Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI).
The many benefits of inclusion in the program include:
- Marketing support through Greater Spokane Incorporated and the City of Spokane
- National exposure to site selectors
- Statewide recognition
- Faster time to market
- Lower initial Developer investment
- Sites are immediately available
- Site ownership is clear and price has been set
- In most cases, aerial photos and maps are available
- Certified Sites:
- Have all utilities in place
- Are physically developable
- Are technically developable
- Are compatible with surrounding uses
Links to Certified Site Application Forms and Instructions:
- Certified Site Application
- Certified Site Application Checklist
- Certified Site Application Instructions
- Certified Site Program Evaluation Criteria
SelectSpokane.com provides easy-to-use tools for investors to find a new home in the Spokane region for their relocating or expanding businesses. Until now, the prospective business owner hasn't had easy access to all the information needed to analyze potential new locations. This tool quickly answers three basic questions:
- Is there property available to lease or buy?
- Is there a market for my business?
- What are the competitive or complimentary businesses at a specific site?
Commercial properties listed by realtors are searchable through the property locator map, property type (Office, Industrial/Warehouse, Retail, Vacant Land) and size, parcel number, and address. The site selector returns a map and list of candidates matching the query. Each property is linked to dozens of bits of information, including lease rate, sale price, broker contact information, a photo of the site, square footage, building materials, zoning
SelectSpokane.com can create detailed property, demographic, and competitive business reports that can be printed, emailed, and downloaded in Acrobat (pdf), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel formats.